Thursday, June 26, 2008

Today was rough, tomorrow looks better

I screwed up and didn't do something I was supposed to. Not a big deal, and no one told me I had to do it, I just probably should have known. Didn't hurt anything and other circumstances ended up making my mistake moot.

Judge was an asshole extraordinaire today (and not because of my mistake, he didn't even know about my mistake). He's racist, unfair and rude. Although he sure speeds through the pleas so we can get out of there much faster than the other judge. I prefer nice and reasonable to quick though. So happy my trial next week is in front of the nice judge.

I'm very frustrated with my pain in the ass clients taking so much of my time. I can't help you dude, there are no issues for trial in your case. Sure we can still go to trial but its a bad bad idea. Stop calling me your trial isn't until August, let me work on the person who might have trial next week. She has important issues that should win at trial. I haven't spoken with her in weeks because she doesn't call and I'm too busy dealing useless clients bullshit.

My next trial does not have nearly as good of issues as my first attempted trial. Frankly the client should have plead to the first offer. Unfortunately he has chosen to exercise his right to a trial with a jury of peers. A jury of his peers that is going to convict the hell out of him. That is the last negative thing I'm going to say. All of tomorrow I'm going to be positive and psych myself up for winning. That's right you heard it hear first Petition is going to win his first trial.

I'm so sick and tired of ironing shirts for work. I hate dry cleaning (and I'm cheap, oh so very cheap) so I launder my shirts on my own. Plus I'm good at ironing. When it was a less frequent thing and wearing nice shirts was just for pleasure I found ironing relaxing and a nice break from the hectic pace of law school. Now ironing is just a chore that has to be done everyday.

2 comments:

E. McPan said...

Well, don't do what this guy did.

PDgirl said...

Uh, why are you ironing?? Haven't you ever heard of Downy Wrinkle Release? It's magic. It won't put that sharp crease in your clothes, but I'm assuming you're wearing a suit jacket so no one would see your sharp crease anyway. If you want to just de-wrinkle and don't care about the crease, then pick up some Downy Wrinkle release. I use it on everything--suit pants, suit jacket, dress shirts. Seriously, it's incredible. You spray and then tug and leave it be for a few minutes (I usually go brush my teeth or something) and then when you come back, you're set. I've pulled shirts out of the bottom of the hamper before that were wadded up in a tiny ball and they came out wrinkle free with this stuff.

I promise I don't work for Downy or anything. I'm just lazy and I hate ironing, so I thought I'd share. :)

Powered by WebRing.