Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I have my own office now

I have a mini fridge and two huge windows, view kind of sucks (roof of the building next door) but at least I'm not stuck in the library anymore.

I'm going to second chair next week. Going to do the cross and opening probably. I had interviews today and did some research. Also did a sentence review and asked for a continuance in another case. Pretty sure the client was lying to me about why he wanted the continuance. Was very happy when the judge just granted it and didn't ask why I was requesting it.

I've learned to lower clients expectations so when I get what I expect from the prosecutor they are happier. I don't lie to the clients I just tell them what the prosecutor is going to offer, not what I think he will agree to in negotiations. If you tell them realistically what you can get they want better. If you tell them what the prosecutor will offer and then you get better they are happy with you. It's all about Lowered Expectations.

I have a dirty secret I've been keeping from the blog. I can't keep it inside anymore so here it is: I love techno and shitty dance music. I mean I like absolute trash. Current favorite song "Just Dance" by Lady GaGa, I also love Bomfunk MC's "Hypnotic", pretty much anything by Scooter or Gigi D'Agostino and so much more crap that I don't have time to list it.

No comments:

Powered by WebRing.