Sunday, June 15, 2008

If dating were a contest

I would be an 8 time loser. It's been so long since I dated someone that I really liked a lot that I had forgotten how much breaking up can hurt. The past two break ups were pretty much painless affairs. I feel absolutely awful after this one. It's kind of selfish but right now all I want is for her not to hate me for ending things. It just wasn't working and had to be done. We had a pretty good time up until the actaully break up conversation. The drive to and from the airport was hard.

I had my first client last week who actually claimed innocence. My supervisor wasn't feeling well so she left me to do her remaining interviews. I prepared to explain the plea offer to the client as they are usually guilty and the plea offer is usually a pretty good deal. I was also prepared to explain what I would ask the prosecutor for in negotiations. Instead I had to listen to a fairly convoluted story of identity theft and stolen purses that led to the wrong person being charged for the crime. She had some documentation to back her claims and I believe but remain skeptical. (If that makes any sense). Going to do some investigating and see what happens.

Got yelled at by a racist judge last week in court. Was not pleasant at all. I hate that justice is so different depending upon which judge a client is assigned.

1 comment:

Woman in Black said...

Don't be too skeptical too soon. There's not much worse than believing someone is not innocent, when they are.

Powered by WebRing.