Sunday, June 8, 2008

Oh dear god why did I agree to this?

I can't think of anything I'd rather do less than a trial tomorrow. What the hell was I thinking? If I throw up during voir dire can I get a mistrial? What about during my opening? Passing out during closing?

As an undergrad doing mock trial we would sing a song before trials to calm down. The song was one our coach wrote when he was an undergrad, it went something like this:
"I like swiss cheese, I like swiss cheese I like it, I like it"
"He likes swiss cheese, he likes swiss cheese, he likes it, he likes it."

I'd also do cross examinations of really bad pop songs:

So, if I want to be your lover, I have to get with your friend?
Make it last forever?
Friendship, it never ends?
You'll tell me what you want?
What you really really want?
You want a zig-a-zig ahh?
Taking is to easy, but that's the way it is?

Or:
You're going to get me drunk?
Get me love drunk off your humps?
Your hump, your humps, your humps?
Your lovely lady lumps?
Check 'em out?

Somehow I don't think my supervisor will go for that tomorrow. I should probably choose a more recent song:
Touch your body?
Put you on the floor?
Wrestle you around?
Play with your some more?
If I tell anyone about our secret rendezvous, you will hunt me down?

No comments:

Powered by WebRing.