Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Working for the man

A friend of mine at another law school got an externship working for a prosecutor. I told her we could no longer be friends. She didn't believe and somehow our friendship continues.

Today she told me that she can only do her job if she pretends that the defendant isn't actually a human. She is happy to have the law on her side most of the time, but isn't sure if that is a good thing.

I continue to believe that not doing law review was a good decision. My slacker load combined with moot court is enough to make me quite busy. I can't imagine spending hours each week reviewing citations. Just the thought of having to check other people's citations for hours on end makes me want to crawl into a hole and cry.

1 comment:

PDgirl said...

Law review is terrifically awful. My mom met with an attorney once and then told me that he had recommended that I "do something called law review" and try to get a "judicial clerkship" because those were good for helping me get a job. And I thought, "Aww, Mom, you're so cute...I'd rather swim in monkey shit than do law review. But thank you for doing that!"

Powered by WebRing.