Sunday, October 7, 2007

I don't want to turn this into a law school blog

I've been reading a lot of law school blogs and have learned a couple things that make me think I don't have what it takes to be a law school bloggers. Here is a short list detailing why I wouldn't make it in the law school blogosphere.

1. I have no real interest in detailing my romantic life. Nor do I have any interests in posting the graphic details about my sex life.
2. I'm not sure how many posts I can make about hating gunners. I hate gunners, what more needs to be said?
3. I have no interest in big firm interviews. It seems every 2L blogger has to talk about how Big Firm X is offering $2400 a week, but s/he really liked the partner at Big Firm Y that only offers $2300 a week. Oh your life is so hard.
4. Blogging about class and what happens in it makes it very easy for people to figure out who you are. I've already found 2 classmates "anonymous" blogs.
5. Most of the "funny" things that occur in class are only funny because of the context. Almost anything will seems funny after a 90 minute contracts class. Lawyers and law students are just not funny. Think about it have you ever heard of a lawyer turned comedian? Doesn't happen because we are boring people with lame stories.
6. Lastly I have no interest it letting you all know how busy I am. I'm sorry if you are really busy because of moot court, law review, interviews, class, your 4 clubs and a hectic drinking schedule. Maybe you shouldn't have over extended yourself so much. I'm so sorry someone held a gun to your head and made you sign up for all those activities. Whats that? you signed up of your own free will? Well I guess that just shows you have poor decision making skills.

I really need to start another internship. Senior Intern emailed me letting me know she has an interview at a large PD office in a large city on the West Coast. I'm excited for her and very jealous.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't! You're absolutely correct - you can write about only so much.

Can you do an externship or an internship during the semester with the pd's office?

Petition For Review said...

That is something I am looking into for next semester. My goal is to leave an entire day free in my schedule to devote to interning. In addition to giving me something to blog about (that you might actually be interested in reading) it would make life a little more bearable.

Powered by WebRing.