Saturday, October 20, 2007

I said I wouldn't do this

... but I gotta tell someone. I am a disaster with women. I was horrible in high school and bad in college. I was assured by my father and others that law school would make me so much more attractive to the ladies. "Hey, check out my earning potential." I was skeptical but more than willing to be proven wrong.

I was not wrong. I remain a failure despite my new "earning potential."

I've dated in law school but each time after a week I've known that it wasn't going to last. I'm ok with being single in law school. I just worry sometimes that if I don't find someone in law school I will be pathetic and alone the rest of my life. I have no idea how to meet people outside of school.

I can't do the whole bar scene. What kind of story would that be for my kids? Yeah I met your mom at a bar one night. I much prefer my parents story of "You dad asked me for the answer to a question on our history test." Cheating in history class, a match made in heaven.

I can't cheat in law school, so I how am I supposed to meet anyone?

6 comments:

Woman in Black said...

I would offer you some good advice, but look where I am. I met both my husbands in bars;-)

Jen said...

I was single through most of law school, but ended up dating a fellow law schooler post-law school. Could happen!

PDgirl said...

Friends introduce you to people. Try it. That's how I met Hat. And I'm a terrible dater myself--I feel your pain. I constantly got dumped or hit on by creepy guys. I'm not good at first-date small talk and I make new situations even more uncomfortable because I'm crushingly shy around people I don't know. But, then one day, my friend/roommate brought Hath home after work to help her paint her room (we'd just moved into our house) and then we ended up dating. Bars suck, law school is a rough place to meet someone (because we're all too busy crying and studying). Try meeting friends of friends.

public defender said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
public defender said...

Oh man, you gotta meet someone somewhere.

I guess a party, through mutual friends is the best place to meet.

Then (in cascading order):

At church (if that's your thing).

While playing in on a recreational sports team.

At work.

At a concert.

At a supermarket (do people meet there?).

At a coffee shop.

At a bar.

At a singles mixer.

Online.

LawyerGirl said...

As cheesy as it sounds, dating services are pretty decent. A buddy of mine has met a lot of nice girls that way.

Powered by WebRing.