Monday, September 24, 2007

I'm reaching my target audience

Someone found this site using the search terms "law school 1l beaten." The search terms "social worker suck" were also successful. Now I am hoping for "prosecutor's are evil" or "don't wear brown shoes with a black suit."

Dating a 1L is interesting. I'm very laid back and just don't care about law school this semester. I still go to my study group once a week. I still read for my classes and I still pay attention in most of my classes. I've even started outlining already. I just don't let the stress freak me out. 1L girl is letting the stress get to her and starting to freak out a bit. I'm not sure I will be able to handle this.

Last year the girl I dated went (even more) insane the month before finals began. She spent every single day in the library from 8-midnight studying. She would take a break from studying once a week. She wouldn't even take a break to go out to dinner with me. Usually the only time I saw her was if I gave her a ride home when she finished studying. I couldn't handle her neurosis. Her stress became my stress. I'm glad we broke up before finals because dumping her released a lot of stress from my life and let me enter finals calm and collected.

My study group has a much more relaxed approach to studying. Last time we studied we managed to spent an hour and 45 minutes actually doing work and only about 15 minutes watching videos on youtube. Insanely productive.

I got the State's response to the brief I wrote over the summer awhile ago. I knew by virtue of the fact that I was given the case that the issues were not that strong. It still sucked to see the State rip my arguments apart. I read so many half-assed, badly written briefs from the State over the summer and so of course in response to my brief they actually wrote something decent. We might still have an chance with the second issue but I just know the court will buy the State's argument on the first issue. Seeing a real attorney respond to something I wrote gave me that "real lawyer" feeling again.

1 comment:

SaucyVixen said...

Dude.

Never date a 1L.

They suck.

Powered by WebRing.