Saturday, August 1, 2009

Statistically I'm probably a lawyer now

I feel good about most of the questions, bad about 20% of them.

I have a question for the collective wisdom of the Internet. There was a fact given in the criminal law question that I couldn't figure out the relevance of. The hypo involved Abe who was just released from jail after finishing his sentence for a felony. He goes into a bar and has an altercation with Bill. After Bill threatens to kill him (and attempts to murder him), Abe assaults him (but has a valid defense of self defense) and gets the gun (which makes him a felon in possession of a firearm). With the gun he threatens to kill Bill (assault) and forces him into a supply closet at gun point (kidnapping) where he steals his cocaine (violation of the uniformed controlled substances act) and locks the door (unlawful imprisonment). He also makes him remove his pants.

My question. What significance does the removal of his pants have? I can't figure it out. It doesn't seem to be attempted rape. I guess it is a theft, but that seems to simple. Anyone have any ideas?

1 comment:

PDgirl said...

Red herring. They are trying to eff with you.

Powered by WebRing.