Friday, August 14, 2009

From now on when I saw "lawyered" to someone it will be an accurate statement

(Assuming I passed the bar)

I start work soon. I'm excited. I've got my suit prepared and an outfit selected. I really want to go with a skinny tie, tie bar and pocket square but I haven't met anyone besides my boss in the office yet and I don't want to start out with them realizing what a dandy I am. I think it's better if I slowly build up to that. I'm still going to wear a skinny tie, but I'll pair it with a plain white shirt. I'll keep the pink shirt, blue tie and blue pocket square for the day after my first paycheck. I'm striving to be the best dressed lawyer for people who make 125% or less of the federal poverty level.

1 comment:

PDgirl said...

Don't dress too dandy! Even though I'm sure you look dashing. I've found that my clients (who definitely are making 125% or less of the poverty line) feel much less intimidated by me now that I have started carrying a run-of-the-mill backpack instead of a professional looking briefcase. The dandier you look, the more likely it is your clients will think you have no idea what their lives are like so you can't help them. At least that's been my experience so far.

Powered by WebRing.