Saturday, August 22, 2009

I've got a client

I get to help an old lady get a divorce. Hooray.

Working in legal aid has made me hate Reagan and Newt Gingrich more than a did before. Instead of just getting money from LSC like back in the day, we now have to get money from a variety of different grants. So in addition to keeping track of my billing hours for each client I have to keep track of the funding source for each client.

An intern came in for one day last week. I made him shred something for me just so I could feel powerful. According to my boss he's dumber than dirt, so I can't make him do anything important.

I get the sense that I'm helping people like I did at the PD's office, but with a lot less pressure. I think this may have been the perfect way to start my legal career. I can build my trial skills in a more relaxed environment and then once I'm even more awesome in court I can move on to the high pressure PD world.

The most important news is that I get to have my name on the letterhead and get business cards. I love working in a small office.

1 comment:

PDgirl said...

The business cards and letterhead really are the most important.

Congrats on the first client!

Powered by WebRing.