Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Who builds an outdoor mall in Wisconsin?

I've driven through Wisconsin twice now. Both times I stopped at an outlet mall for a nice break. Last time there was snow on the ground and it was cold. I thought to myself that the mall was probably designed for the summer tourists and it was probably pretty nice there in the summer. I was wrong. Give me snow any day over the heat and humidity. I went into stores I would never purchase anything from just for some air conditioning. What kind of idiot decides that an outdoor mall is a good venue in a climate with brutal winters and hot/humid summers?

I would also like to address some driving concerns. If you are driving on a freeway with little to no traffic and someone comes up behind you to pass DO NOT SPEED UP. I know you are speeding up because I'm using cruise control and my speed hasn't changed.

Passing should occur in the left lane. The sign saying slower traffic keep right means that if I am behind you in the left most lane MOVE TO THE RIGHT.

I used to think that Montana was my favorite State to drive in. That was before I had driven in North Dakota. While boring as sin, North Dakota has the same speed limit as Montana (75mph) and better quality roads. The roads in Montana are horrible. The entire time I was in North Dakota I never once felt that the speed limit was unreasonable. I felt no desire to speed. The two times I saw a cop I almost hit the break as a reflex. Driving without a fear of being pulled over for speeding is a weird experience for me. This was the first time I had ever been in North Dakota. I previously drove through South Dakota. South Dakota is the lamer of the Dakotas. Wall Drug is the lamest thing on earth.

People can not drive in Minnesota. I swear the second I hit the border the quality of driving went down. Things stayed largely the same in Wisconsin, except a little slower and with a lot more cops. I saw more cops in Wisconsin than I did in the other six states I drove in combined.

Now that I am done with my internship I will turn this blog into more of a law school blog until next summer.

No comments:

Powered by WebRing.