Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My one complaint

Actually I have lots of complaints (no pay, no office, 40 mile commute, no pay, court at 8:30AM, no pay), but the one I wish to focus on is the excellent working relationship my office has with the prosecutors. Everyone is pleasant and friendly. The prosecutors seem reasonable for the most part and don't do all the dickish things I read about on other blogs. Dammit part of the PD experience is supposed to be dealing with asshole prosecutors. At this point I think I have to start apologizing for some of the awful things I thought about them before starting.

My latest client had a really bad day. Was driving his car home from the club after having a couple of beers when some jackass in a rental car ran a red light and t-boned him. State Patrol shows up and gives my poor client who's car is now totalled a DUI. What a sucky sucky day.

I was supposed to sit through a bunch of client interviews today. I sat through one and it was interesting and I learned a bit about how to conduct an interview. The remaining clients couldn't be bothered to show up for the interviews. Now I understand why clients will walk up thinking I'm their attorney at court, they never bothered to actually meet their real attorney beforehand. I think I dislike the clients more than the prosecutors so far. Thank god for the poor ensure guy who more than makes up for all the other asshole clients.

No comments:

Powered by WebRing.