Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Awesome news, kind of

My job is a fellowship that is only funded for a year. At the end of the year I will no longer have a job unless the office likes me and can secure funding to hire me. Well that was the case until things changed. An attorney has chosen to leave the office and his position has been offered to me. This is awesome because it comes with a substantial pay increase (as in over $10k a year), removing "fellow" from my title, and a better office. This is bad because the job is in the state I vowed to leave three years ago, requires a minimum of a two year commitment (which I know they can't enforce, but I'm not such a jackass that I'd screw over a non-profit), would require me to take another bar exam and spend at least another two years away from my friends and family.

I was pretty sure I'd get an offer after a year, or 6 months, but did not expect it in less than a month. My brain hurts from thinking about it all day and probably the rest of the week.

This post totally gives me identity away to my employer but I only have said good things about them so far, so I'm not that concerned and I don't think they are looking for me anyway.

In other happy news I have another date with internet girl this weekend.

1 comment:

E. McPan said...

Maybe you could still just accept as a fellow?

Powered by WebRing.