Monday, August 4, 2008

Oh god I have to go back to school

I'm comforted by the fact that I will never utter the phrase "time to go back to school" again. I'm not comforted by the fact that I have to go back to school. People at the office are throwing a little shindig for me on my last day. I intend to behave responsibly and drink in moderation. yeah right. Well I am going to be responsible, I'm not going to drive, but moderation will not be the term used to describe the amount of alcohol I consume.

I got kicked out of my office today. My office was actually the office of an attorney out on maternity leave. She didn't buy my adverse possession argument for why the office was no longer hers. Something about consent making it not adverse. It was open an notorious that's for sure. How the hell am I supposed to know property law?

I'm halfway through Kafka Comes to America by Stephen Wax. Fantastic book so far. I love the reference to Kafka. For anyone who hasn't read Kafka's Before the Law (an excerpt from the Trial), please stop reading my site and go read that. It's short and awesome. And don't ask me what it means because I don't know either.

Kafka Comes to America makes me want to be a federal public defender some day so I can defend people in Gitmo. Though I hope by the time I'm qualified to be a federal public defender we are no longer keeping people in Gitmo.

No comments:

Powered by WebRing.